ONLINE EVENT: The HackerNest Tech Cofounder Matching event connects technical and non-technical people in tech. Ticket sales and funds support our nonprofit's mission to continue uniting tech & developer communities. Thank you for your support!
THIS HACKERNEST EVENT:
SpeedMeet 1-on-1s: Be automatically matched with other guests to talk directly on-camera for 5 minutes (More of you click-to-extend, less if your convo ends sooner); opt to stay in touch in one click and your info will be shared with each other. Roll-on to the next person thereafter. Never match with the same person twice.
Direct Video/Messaging: Follow-up directly with people for interesting exploratory conversations, chat message directly or request a video call.
Central Breakout: Take a break, hang in the common breakout room for general on-camera group conversations and chats.
You'll leave exhausted from great conversations with everyone!
Teaming up with others who share similar values and who buy-into the mission and goal of what you're doing is key to making an impact...and is serious business - a wholesome, strong founding or core team is the foundation for making all the waves!!! Be smart, be humble, be open to talking about you, what you've done, and what you're looking for. We guarantee you'll grow your network in an authentic manner -- you know, the thing that forms the basis of limitless synergy > creation & growth of the right team > building cool new stuff > delivering value > persevering thru the ups and downs of startup life > ++!
WHO SHOULD PARTICIPATE: Any technical or non-technical person/team looking for cofounders - either to join your existing startup (any stage) or to launch one together. You'll meet with dozens upon dozens of people who have exciting companies (and ideas for starting one) that are looking for others to partner with. If you have interest in being a cofounder and/or any of these apply, this event is for you:
- Solo-entrepreneur, or a founding team planning or starting a company and are looking to add key cofounders
- You already are an early-stage (wide range: new-to-early ventures in pre-, post-seed, etc.) startup looking for later/late-stage cofounders
- You are ideating, concepting, or ready to commit & validate your idea/business and are interested in cofounding a new startup with someone else
- Smart, adaptable and ready to take something new and interesting on, you're interested in joining a new startup that's already launched
This event covers our local communities across Canada - Victoria, Vancouver, Calgary, Winnipeg, Edmonton, Kitchener-Waterloo, Mississauga, the Greater Toronto Area, Peterborough, Ottawa, and Montreal.
WHAT FOLKS SAY: “Met my co-founder” ↔ “Met someone I eventually hired” ↔ “Met some of my best friends in the industry” ↔ “Met unpretentious people who genuinely love what they do” ↔ “It was amazing! Learned a lot from people, and everyone is super friendly!”
PREMIUM BOOTH OPTIONS FOR MORE VISIBILITY:
- To stand out, these virtual booths are showcased in the event listing with a custom profile image+banner; your logo (if available) also in the 'Supporters' section
- At the event, your branded booth is in the 'Expo' section and runs like a custom breakout session that your team moderates. Has its own dedicated chat thread too
- Up to 10 on-camera at a time for group conversations with more able to watch & comment in the chat
- In 1-on-1 SpeedMeets, your team matches with both technical and business guests
- Once you reserve a booth, we'll be in touch to finish setting things up
THINGS TO REMEMBER:
- You can add cofounders at many points in your startup's lifecycle. Expectation setting solves many ills - cofounder contributions (and equity/vesting, pay, etc.) can vary by founder, just lay it out in advance.
- Personality, culture, and fit matter - these are people you will be spending alot of time with.
- Have an idea of the traits and skills you need in your ideal partner(s). Strong founding teams have complementary skill sets and tremendous amounts of trust
- Your pitch (have a startup, or showcasing your experience & skill) is important.
- Meet more people - Attend events (this one, and others too) and go everywhere as well. Sometimes you find a match quickly, other times it takes a while.
ONLINE EVENT #PROTIPS
- Check that your Event Profile is updated the way you like (also, test your links!)
- TEST your mic and speakers (support page) so your entrance is seamless!
- Close extra windows, a lean running machine speeds things up.
- Have bright lighting so your face is lit and you're not lurking in shadows.
- Tidy up - a clean, uncluttered background means less distractions!
PROSPECTIVE SPONSORS: Use the Booth tickets to reserve sponsorship for this event. For other types of sponsorship, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to chat about other ways of connecting with our community. Sponsorship gives you inroads to our audience to tell your organization’s story, share your expertise & what you do, offer SWAG, discounts, and other cool stuff, meet talent - and give your team a fun event to look forward to. Not ready? No problem, get updates on future sponsorships when they come.
ABOUT US: We've been building volunteer-run tech communities through 1200+ unpretentious social and innovation events since 2011. Stay connected: twitter.com/HackerNest, fb.me/HackerNest, instagram.com/HackerNest -- Get notified about future events.